The Priest's House, or "blacksmith's courtyard" is one of the few 17th-century monuments of civil construction that have survived to our time, which has practically preserved its true volume.
The history of construction begins in the middle of the XVII century. In May 1682 a large fire occurred in Pskov, after which the building was heavily rebuilt. In 1863, the priest Vitkovsky, the rector of a nearby Polish church, became the owner of the house. According to the description of those times, the house had a wooden mezzanine, sheathed with a hem, with a triangular pediment and a gable roof. In a fire that happened in 1944 during the German occupation, all the wooden parts of the chambers burned down. The building stood abandoned without a roof until 1953. During this time, its walls and vaults have suffered significantly.
In 1953, started the restoration of the chambers. However, the restoration was carried out only partially. The wooden room located above the central part, the entrance to which was carried out by a wooden staircase from the eastern room of the upper floor, was not restored.
Photos from the site